Product Services Shutdown
With the acquisition of Coin by Fitbit, all business operations ceased on June 13, 2016. The company is no longer manufacturing, promoting, or selling any new devices or products.
Effective from February 28, 2017, the Coin product services will officially be shut down. As a result, support through the Coin website or through social media channels will no longer be available.
If you have a working Coin device, it will continue to work for the duration of the device’s battery life, which is two years from activation date. Please note that functionality will be reduced as a result of the February services shutdown.
For example, the Coin mobile app will no longer work once product services are shut down. Among other things, this means that you will not be able to add or change the cards that are stored on your Coin device.
Prior to February 28, we encourage all customers to sync over any cards so that they may continue to use them with their device.
Coins will also no longer be covered by or be eligible for warranty exchange as of today's date, 1/31/17. This includes Coin 2.0 upgrades.
Please check our FAQ list below for commonly asked questions.
We greatly appreciate our customers and thank you for your support through the years.
The Coin Team
- Yes! Your Coin will still work. However, the Coin app will no longer be functional (and will not be available through the App Store or the Google Play store), so features like Auto-Unlock will not be available but can still be used standalone with your tap code. You can still use Coin with many merchants as long as Coin has battery.
- Please note that if your Coin is reset on or after 2/28/17, the app will no longer function. You will not be able to sync your Coin again and the data will be lost. We encourage all Coin users to make any changes, such as adding or deleting cards, prior to this date.
- Because of the service shut down, warranty and support for your Coin will no longer be available. For information on disposal, please see our disposal page.
- All data will be securely deleted from our servers, as they will no longer be running. The data that exists on your Coin will continue to be protected via your tap code, should you continue to use your Coin.
- Because of the shutdown, warranty is no longer in force. For more information, please visit our warranty page.
- Please contact our support team with the email address associated with the Coin account you wish to have deleted and they’ll be happy to assist you.
- Never cut, bend, or shred Coin. Coin contains electronic components that could be dangerous if damaged. For more information on disposal, please see our disposal page.
- All customers with unfulfilled orders were sent a Creditor Notice via email last year between July-December 2016. If you did not receive one and did not receive your order, please let our support team know.
What will happen to my Coin after the service shutdown? Will my Coin still work?
What if my Coin stops working after 2/28/17?
What will happen to my data after 2/28/17?
Is my Coin product still under warranty?
How can I delete my account after the service shut down?
How do I properly dispose of my Coin?
I have not received my Coin yet, and need a refund.