Dear Coin Community,
Ever since Coin was founded four years ago, our team has been driven to develop technology that makes payments more simple and secure. Today, we are pleased to announce that Coin’s wearable payments platform has been acquired by Fitbit (NYSE: FIT), the leader in the connected health and fitness category. The acquisition will include key personnel and intellectual property specific to Coin’s wearables payment platform.
Coin will no longer sell its line of smart payment products (Coin 2.0 has sold out). Your Coin product will work for the duration of its lifetime (the built-in battery lasts for 2 years without any recharging required). We recommend existing Coin users update to the latest version of the Coin iOS or Android mobile app.
Coin Rewards and the Coin Developer Program are being retired with this announcement. We understand that there may be questions, which is why we have created the FAQ below. You may also visit the Coin Support Center here.
It has been quite a journey and we want to thank all the customers, partners and team members who have supported Coin so far.
Kanishk and the Coin Team
- You can continue using it as you have been. Coin products will work through their lifetimes. The built-in battery is designed to last for 2 years from purchase without any recharging needed. Coin smart payment devices will still combine your credit, debit and gift cards. All product features will continue to function, with the exception of Coin Rewards, which is getting retired.
- Our Customer Support team members will continue to offer full technical support through our Coin Support Center.
- Coin products will continue to be protected by Coin’s security features (encryption, fraud prevention, Auto-Unlock, etc.). Accounts may be deleted by contacting Coin Customer Support.
- Coin will continue to honor its limited product warranty for up to one year from the date of purchase. For more information, please visit www.onlycoin.com/warranty.
- Coin 2.0 is sold out and there are no plans to produce additional units. The company has sufficient inventory to honor warranty claims.
- Please fill out your details here and our support team will check on your order.
What happens to my current Coin smart payment device?
How can I get customer support?
What will happen to my data?
Is my Coin product still under warranty?
How can I purchase new Coin products?
I have not received my Coin yet, where do I check the status of my order?